Posts Tagged ‘Murphys Food & Wine Tour’
Murphys is a superb destination for exploring your palate; 9 excellent restaurants, 18 wine tasting rooms, artisan cheese, spice and chocolate shops and a gold old fashion bakery that will tantalize your taste buds. Join Local Roots Food Tour this Memorial Weekend and SAVE on adult food tour tickets for Saturday ONLY! Special promotion code: STARS will give you a discount of $15!
Stroll along 1800’s-era Italian brick and stone buildings where talented chefs and vintners now produce their mouth-watering dishes and award-winning vintages. You will be treated to a day following a trained culinary concierge who knows the town inside and out. A culinary and cultural treat waiting for you to come participate in. The Murphys Food & Wine Tour entails 3 hours of eating, walking and talking. The culinary journey takes you to 9 stops at the best restaurants and shops. You’ll eat unique dishes made from fresh, locally-sourced produce & taste fabulous, locally-made wines.
As part of our “foodie family”, you’ll get up close with chefs, owners, and winemakers of this quaint town. Hear about the unique terrior and climate that puts Murphys wines in a class all by themselves, and connect with the artisans as you taste their unique creations. A gourmet spice shop, a quaint cheese shop and a candy store that has been making homemade chocolates and hard candies for over 100 years! Advanced ticketing is required. Visit http://www.localrootsfoodtours.com and use promotion code: STARS to book your Memorial Weekend Walking Food Tour today!
Want to start savoring your culinary exploration? Here is a sample of the wonderful tastings you will experience on the Murphys Food & Wine Tour:
- House made pan seared crab cakes with sweet Thai chili sauce & fresh fruit salsa
- Fresh baked potato bun with rosemary and fresh melted Parmesan cheese
- Lavender and orange blossom short bread cookie
- Fried olives stuffed with calamari
- Red velvet beet bundt cake
- Handmade and locally produced English Toffee
- Gourmet sea salt tasting:Himalayan Pink Salt,Red Pepper Bacon Sea Salt, Espresso Bravo Sea Salt and Vintage Merlot Sea Salt
- Lamb meatball with pearl couscous
- 2009 Sangiovese paired with local cheeses