Posts Tagged ‘food tour tips’
Walking food and cultural tours are being offered in cities all around the globe.
1. Would rather be inside in a stuffy office or house than be outdoors in the fresh air.
2. If you simply don’t like to eat and try different types of food. You find food boring!
3. If you enjoy eating out of a can or bag rather than fresh local ingredients prepared by an artisan chef just for you.
4. If you are a loner and hate being around anyone.
5. You could care less about the history of the city you are living in or visiting…learning about “the roots” sounds dirty to you.
6. You don’t deal well meeting new people, making new friends/contacts. Shaking hands with chefs and restaurant owners sounds lame.
7. Humor to you is like nails across a chalkboard…..jokes are not a part of your vocabulary nor do you like hearing any.
8. Finding out where hidden gem eateries are and where great value meal offers are is a total waste of time and energy.
9. You have a fear of getting lost even though a trained guide would be leading the way.
10. You prefer to be in groups of more than 25 people at a time feeding off the same tray of food instead of your own personal fresh serving.
If you WEREN’T able to check off any 10 items above then WALKING FOOD & CULTURAL TOURS are just the activity you might be interested in participating in!
Learn more about your city’s great cuisine, architecture, history and culture all in one tour. Traveling this summer? Make sure to Google the city you are visiting and see if any walking food tours are offered. It’s a fantastic way to get to know the city you live in, are visiting or hope to live in in the future. Here is a listing of some Walking Food and Cultural Tours offered in some fun and tasty cities. Check them out!
SACRAMENTO, CA: http://www.localrootsfoodtours.com
SEATTLE, WA: http://www.savorseattlefoodtours.com
PORTLAND, OR: http://www.forktown.com
MIAMI, FL: http://www.miamifoodtours.com
NEW YORK, NY: http://www.foodsofny.com
CHAPEL HILL, NC: http://www.tastecarolina.net
CHICAGO, IL: http://www.chicagofoodplanet.com
SCOTTSDALE, AZ: http://www.arizonfoodtours.com
MINNEAPOLIS, MN: http://www.twincitiesfoodtours.com
Buy your walking food tour tickets today and see why it is becoming the NUMBER ONE ATTRACTION in CITIES ALL ACROSS THE NATION!
Walking food tours are more than just food. They are more than just walking. Food tours are beneficial to every single ticket purchaser and here’s the top 10 benefits in case you are considering booking a food tour for your next fun adventure!
1. You are guided by a trained (and more than likely foodie) who has a passion for sharing inside tips, stories and history along every step of your tour. You won’t find their knowledge in the guide books!
2. You have the opportunity to go behind the curtain and see unique restaurants, eateries and shops that you wouldn’t otherwise be able to do if you just came in for a bite. Many times meeting personally with the executive chefs and or owners!
3. You will be walking off many of the calories you consume. Most food tours are at least 1.5 miles or more in distance. Eat and exercise all in one package!!
4. You won’t get lost wandering off the beaten path roads and neighborhoods since your guide is an expert of the area.
5. As a ticket purchaser, you will be receiving coupons for future deals and savings from the locations you will be stopping by to have tastings at.
6. No waiting in lines. Each location is expecting you on the tour. Your food is ready the moment your group walks in the door!
7. You won’t be feeling hungry by the end of the tour…….the tour tastings provide enough food for a nice lunch.
8. You will learn so much about the city you are touring, even if you live there!
9. You will be meeting people from all over the world on your tour. It isn’t just locals who go on the food tours.
10. You will be able to tell your friends all about your food tour experience, something probably many have never experienced before.
2. If you aren’t going to finish your dish, can I eat it?
3. The next tasting you will be sampling really isn’t that great.
4. The chef at this restaurant failed their culinary training.
5. What were you thinking when you got dressed this morning?
6. I hate walking and talking at the same time.
7. Can I borrow some change from you so I can go put more money in my parking meter?
8. Does anyone know where we are at? I think we are lost.
9. Are you dating anyone? We could come back here later after the tour for a drink.
10. This city is so lame, I would never live here.
Walking food tours should be fun and most enjoyable. The food tour guide could make or break your experience on a walking food tour. Our trained food tour guides are passionate about what they do. They love being around people, have a passion for sharing their city with others and their expertise is in eating and entertaining. Join us on a Local Roots Food Tour today……..you definitely won’t be hearing these 10 things on your tour! Advanced Ticketing Required.
So you have booked you and your family on a walking food tour but you don’t have any idea what all needs to be brought to insure a successful event? Fear no more. Our culinary concierges put their tour guide minds together and came up with 10 Things to Bring on your upcoming food tour:
1. Your printed ticket with confirmation code you received from your email confirmation.
2. Comfortable walking shoes…….tennis shoes are perfect!
3. Bottled water for each of your family members including yourself.
4. A handy-dandy fanny pack, or something to carry your belongings in.
5. Sunglasses/hats and other protective gear. Sunscreen is highly recommended.
6. Extra money to shop with……you won’t want to pass up our local artisan items in the shops we visit.
7. Your camera and or video…..beautiful architecture, parks, fountains, and the artistic dishes presented in front of you are worth a thousand words….and photos!
8. Your appetite…..food tours typically sample between 6 to 8 dishes all in one tour. Come hungry!
9. Umbrella or rain coat if weather is predicting showers. We hold all our tours rain or shine.
10. Your sense of humor – our culinary concierges love to tell great stories along the way and love to receive a few laughs for their jokes!
Our Local Roots Food Tours offer 3 hour walking tours throughout Sacramento’s downtown districts. You can purchase tickets by visiting Brown Paper Tickets, our third party ticketing agency. We hope you will join us for a gastronomic adventure!