Posts Tagged ‘Farm & Wine Tours’
Would you like to see where California’s delicious fresh fruit, produce, nuts, and wine come from? Want to know how vineyards can tell when it’s time to pick their grapes or how to grow the best tomatoes? Wouldn’t you like to see California olives on the tree, soaking up the sunshine? We are so fortunate to live in the “Farm to Fork Capital of America”. Now is time to jump on board the Local Roots Food Tours Culinary Passport bus and explore the cornucopia of agriculture. Our Sierra Foothill Farm & Wine Tour is being offered to the public, Saturday’s and Sunday’s tours beginning the 1st weekend of December.
It’s mandarin season in the Sierra Foothills and the Mountain Mandarin Growers are ready for business! Our bus route will point out over 30 mandarin grower farms along our route, stopping at 2 of the growers on each tour. Nothing says ‘fresh’ like mandarins picked that very same morning and olive oil from the harvest’s first press. Did you know the 1st mandarin trees were planted in Placer County in the 1880′s? Sample Northern California’s best and locally-produced vegetables, fruit, oils and nuts…nearly everything we eat right out of our back doors! Placer County lay riches to 18 family-run boutique wineries – many flock here for a pleasure not found in other regions – the chance to meet the winemakers.
What you can expect on our Sierra Foothill Farm & Wine Bus Tours:
- Transportation from a central meeting location in our 14 passenger executive bus
- 4 hour bus ride with 5 to 6 different stops on planned tour route
- Bus stops at 2 to 3 independent farms, 1 to 2 vineyards and one local produce market
- A trained local guide ready to showcase farms, orchards &vineyards
- Up close contact with the owners of the farms, orchards and vineyards
- Opportunity to shop at each farm and vineyard stop
- Catered 4 course gourmet lunch all from local farms and bakery
- Unlimited bottled waters, tea and sparkling drinks
- Local Roots Food Tours reusable shopping bag
This tour is fully guided by our specially-trained hosts who will delight you with stories and fun facts about the region and the methods used to coax Mother Nature to grow her bounty. Our tour bus is fully heated, reclining seats and spacious. Each participant will be treated to a gourmet lunch, along with complimentary water, tea, and juice. Each stop includes tastings of the grower’s produce, the vintner’s wine, and of course, the cheese-maker’s cheese!