Local Roots Food Tours are ideal for private groups!
Celebrate with Local Roots Food Tours! We offer private group food and wine tours for any type of group or company. Unique and different, we make the day about you and your group but we focus primarily on the food and fun!
Our tours have been voted the #1 Tour in Sacramento on Trip Advisor for the last three in a half years in a row and there are reasons why!
- We cater to any size of group – whether it be a group of 10 or a group of 200!
- VIP experience with professionally trained culinary concierge who is there every step of the way.
- We love to think outside the box! Scavenger hunt, trivial food pursuit, name that coworker…you name it, we will do it!
- Our tours are catered to what the group wants; short or long route, interactive games, singing, dancing…its all part of the equation you want us to figure out!
- Photo opportunities to showcase on your company’s bulletin board. We even allow videos!
- 5 to 9 food tour stops with all food, alcohol and door prizes included in group pricing on our walking food tours.
Private tours are perfect for:
- Special Celebrations & Corporate Events
- Team Building/ Morale Events
- School Field Trips
- College Excursions
- New in Town
- Meet-up groups
- Group Dates
- Family Reunions
- Wedding Festivities: Bridal showers, Bachelor & Bachelor parties
- Private cooking class/lunch with selected chef
- Field trips to private farms/vineyards
- Corporate events
- New employee / intern socials
- Travel / family / cruise groups
- Wedding weekend activity
- Private cooking class/lunch with selected chef
- Bachelor / Bachelorette parties
- Bridal showers
- Field trips to private local farms/vineyards
You name it, we can probably do it. A private group tour can be tailored and customized to meet the specific needs and desires of your particular private event
Private group tours and memorable team events can be arranged by contacting Local Roots Food Tours by calling 800-407-8918, via email: email@example.com or you can book or request more info on a private group tour right here.
Our Tour Events Manager will contact you within 24 hours and confirm availability and logistics
Advance bookings are required; tours dates get booked well in advance. Weekday tours are much easier to book than weekend tours. Bus tours run primarily on weekends but special accommodations can be made after speaking with our Tour Events Manager.
We will do our best to accommodate any particular requirements of your private group event.
Wanting to present your idea to your planning team within your company or special group? Click on our PDF Presentation below.
Please go to the Frequently Asked Questions page for further tour information if you have certain questions that are not answered below. Our group tour staff will answer all of your questions by phone or email within a 24 hour period.
PRIVATE TOUR PRICING
- Group tours are sold on a flat fee basis with discounts available depending on size.
- A 15% gratuity will automatically be included in your group event price quote. Our food tours with group sizes above 8 will also incur a 18% gratuity charge for restaurant service and staff for the tour.
- No refunds given for no shows.
- A $35 service fee is charged for returned checks.
- Credit card payments will be accepted. Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Cards. Receive a 3% discount on group events paid by business check.
- Private Group tour tickets that are sold less than 15 days from tour date require full payment to hold a specific date and time.
Private group tour tickets that are sold more than 15 days from tour date require $250 non-refundable deposit for every 10 participants booked via credit card in order to hold an agreed upon date, time slot, and tour guide(s).
The final headcount and remaining balance (non-refundable) via credit card or business check are due 14 business days prior to the event
PRIVATE GROUP TOUR REQUIREMENTS
- A private group walking tour requires a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 60 participants in one setting but can accommodate much larger groups with advanced planning
- A private van tour requires a minimum of 8 participants in order to secure private transportation. Anything less will increase fee quoted but we will offer transportation for 2 or more passengers for your group.
- All private group walking tours are approximately 3 1/2 hours in length but we can shorten any route per prior event planning.
- Private group tours are booked a minimum of 10 days in advance between the private group organizer and Local Roots Food Tours.
- Once purchased, all tickets and payments are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged or rescheduled.
- No refunds are given for no-shows or cancellations.
- It is important to arrive 20 minutes prior to your group departure time.
- Private group food tours are held rain or shine.
- A tour guide gratuity fee of 15% will be automatically added to your total cost and will be provided directly to your tour guide if your group size is 8 or more participants.
We can accommodate up to 20 people per tour guide on our walking tours. If your total group is larger than 20 people, we will split your group into two separate groups, each with their own culinary concierge. Tour routes might vary on food stop locations with variable group sizes.
GROUP FOOD TOUR GUIDELINES DAY OF EVENT
It is very important that your group arrives on time. We ask all private groups to arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled start time. This will give us the time needed to organize the group, send a few people to the restroom, answer questions, and give the tour overview. It is also very important to arrive on time so we do not interfere with any other scheduled tours that are running on that day.
Although there are restroom stops available during the tour, we do not make dedicated stops for them. Please use the facilities prior to arrival for the tour.
In the tourism industry, it is customary to tip the tour guide. For Private Group Tours, a 15% to 20% gratuity will be added to your total cost. Your tour guide greatly appreciates this!