Come enjoy the finest wine and food in gorgeous Murphys, CA! Aptly named “Queen of the Sierra”, and one of Sunset magazine’s Top Ten Coolest Small Towns, Murphys is a superb destination for comfort food and wine tasting, and this tour shows you the best of both worlds. Stroll along 1800’s-era Italian brick and stone buildings where talented chefs and vintners now produce their mouth-watering dishes and award-winning vintages.
Our 3.5 hour tour includes up to 9 stops at the best restaurants and shops. You’ll eat unique dishes made from fresh, locally-sourced produce & taste fabulous, locally-made wines. Great shopping excursion with a personal Local Roots Food Tours market bag to fill up with all the yummy goodies and wines along the tour route. Public tours are offered Friday and Saturdays with private group tours scheduled throughout the week upon request. Tickets run between $60 to $67.00
As part of our “foodie family”, you’ll get up close with chefs, owners, and winemakers of this quaint town. Hear about the unique terrior and climate that puts Murphys wines in a class all by themselves, and connect with the artisans as you taste their unique creations. The shopping opportunities are boundless in this wonderful boutique town.
Typical tastings you might find on the tour:
- House made crab cakes with sweet Thai chili sauce & our fresh fruit salsa
- Organic potato, herb and cheese focaccia round
- Meso ispod saca lamb meatballs served over pearled couscous
- Anchovy stuffed deep fried green olives
- Mushroom artichoke deep dish pizza with alfredo sauce, pesto and three cheeses with local IPA beer tasting
- Handmade and locally produced English Toffee
- Gourmet sea salt tasting:Himalayan Pink Salt,Red Pepper Bacon Sea Salt, Espresso Bravo Sea Salt and Vintage Merlot Sea Salt
- Almond Cake with Salted Rose Buttercream Cupcake
- Cabernet Sauvignon tasting
As with every Local Roots Food Tour, you’ll get the inside story about the area’s rough-and-tumble past. Hear how the Murphy family pioneered the first wagon trail into California, and how their vision made Murphys the prosperous town it is today. Its an adventure for the mind and palate!
We offer 3 other culinary adventures in Northern CA:
Sacramento Walking Food Tours