Come enjoy the finest wine and food in gorgeous Murphys, CA! Aptly named “Queen of the Sierra”, and one of Budget Travel magazine’s Top Ten Coolest Small Towns, Murphys is a superb destination for comfort food and wine tasting, and this tour shows you the best of both worlds. Stroll along 1800’s-era Italian brick and stone buildings where talented chefs and vintners now produce their mouth-watering dishes and award-winning vintages.
Our 3.5 hour tour includes up to 8 stops at the best restaurants and shops. You’ll eat unique dishes made from fresh, locally-sourced produce & taste fabulous, locally-made wines. Great shopping excursion with a personal Local Roots Food Tours market bag to fill up with all the yummy goodies and wines along the tour route. Public tours are offered Friday and Saturdays with private group tours scheduled throughout the week upon request. Tickets run between $62 to $68.00
As part of our “foodie family”, you’ll get up close with chefs, artisans, owners, and winemakers of this quaint town. Hear about the unique terroir and climate that puts Murphys wines in a class all by themselves, and connect with the artisans as you taste their unique creations. The shopping opportunities are boundless in this wonderful boutique town.
Though subject to change, Typical tastings you might find on the tour:
- Locally sourced chicken thai salad w/ lime-chile vinaigrette
- Organic potato, herb and cheese focaccia round
- Spicy snow crab, avocado, cucumber, topped w/ scallion, spicy sweet cream sauce roll
- Wine flight with Calavares sourced treats
- Gourmet sea salt tasting:Himalayan Pink Salt paired w/goat cheese and apple teaser
- Farmers market basil pesto dip and sundried tomato chutney
- Housemade and baked pastrami sandwich with house dressing
- Rich creamy dark chocolate covered almonds
- Lemon ricotta creme filled cupcake
As with every Local Roots Food Tour, you’ll get the inside story about the area’s rough-and-tumble past. Hear how the Murphy family pioneered the first wagon trail into California, and how their vision made Murphys the prosperous town it is today. Its an adventure for the mind and palate!
We offer 3 other culinary adventures in Northern CA:
Sacramento Walking Food Tours