We say that food and dining are experiential because we touch all five senses. But the great food is just the start. Our food tours uses great food as an opportunity to connect with other people on the tour, the diverse restaurant chefs and shop owners, the city we visit, and even the local farmers who provide the ingredients. And before you can say ‘quatro formaggia’, guess what? You’re helping to strengthen our community. Create a moment, a destination and a memory within your hectic life, where for four hours you will be transported on a journey of food, fun and discovery, feeling refreshed and energized. Well-fed, too!
Northern California is blessed with so many great restaurants and shops, it can be confusing to know where to start. Our walking tours are a great way to get acquainted with the local food scene, and a great activity for visitors, families, and co-workers alike. Local Roots Food Tours also offers a great opportunity to go visit local farms, orchards and vineyards in the foothills. Our Sierra Foothills Farm & Wine Tour is a four hour tour that takes participants to where it all begins…..on the farms! We harness the power of great food to unite people, no matter their race or creed. Spend time learning and tasting, and you’re sure to come away a bit more enlightened than you already were. Book some time for you or your group and take a well-rounded sample of some delicious foods, from iconic restaurants to the hidden gems — you’ll see what the buzz is about!
Local Roots Food Tours offers four walking tours; each distinctly different. Gourmet on ‘K’ Culinary Walking Tour , Origins of Sacramento Food and Cultural Walking Tour and Urban Art, Food & Libations Walking Tour are walking tours in and about our historical neighborhoods surrounding downtown Sacramento. Our getaway tour takes you down another journey in Calaveras County to the quaint mining town of Murphys. Murphys Food & Wine Tour celebrates the bounty of a rich soil region well known for their excellent wines and agriculture. Each tour offers a large variety of tastings while visiting an array of specialty food shops, artisans, and neighborhood restaurants. Enough food is served to consider it a meal.
Small & Intimate
- Our tours are limited to 2-16 guests. Farm tours are limited to 14 passengers per tour.
- All food and beverage tastings
- Trained culinary concierge but not gratuity for guide
- Food Tour Tasting Guide with tour menu and locations
- All taxes and restaurant gratuities - guides are providing a service and appreciate all tips offered.
- A Local Roots Food Tours reusable shopping bag for certain tours.
- Each tour is unique; there is no overlap of restaurants from tour to tour
- Substitutions can be made for many dietary restrictions with advance notice
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Seating opportunities can be limited and tickets sell out in advance
- For more detailed information please visit our Local Roots Food Tours Frequently Asked Questions
Private Tour Information
Local Roots Food Tours are ideal for private groups!
- Corporate events
- Team-building / morale boosters
- Girlfriends Getaway
- Travel / family activity
- Wedding weekend activity
- Bachelor / Bachelorette parties
- Bridal showers
- Field trips
- Staff appreciation day
You name it, we can probably do it. A private group tour can be tailored and customized to meet the specific needs and desires of your particular private event.
For more information please contact our Local Roots Food Event Planner