Gourmet on ‘K’ Culinary Walking Tour is everything gourmet along one of Sacramento’s most historical areas. Tour participants will be guided down Sacramento’s original main street exploring the beautiful architecture with many stories dating back to the mid 1800?s. Learn stories along the walking route such as how Sutter selected the area along Front and K streets to harvest lumber for his fort and how the famed street became the premier location for department stores, theaters and hotels. Even locals will enjoy this culinary excursion, enlightening their views of the most controversial street in Sacramento.
Sacramento has recently been named the “Farm to Fork Capital of the Nation” by Mayor Kevin Johnson. K Street is seeing an urban revitalization with more and more empty storefronts becoming filled with excellent foodie establishments along with some local dive bars that boast locally produced ingredients on their menus. Join Local Roots Food Tours as they share with their participants what’s “hot” on local farm to table cuisine by experiencing up to 6 different stops along “Downtown on Kay”.
The opportunity to meet and learn from some very local passionate chefs and restaurant owners, your culinary repertoire will expand in areas you only dreamed of.
Gourmet on ‘K’ lasts approximately 3.5 hours with a walking distance under 2 miles. Wheelchair accessible and great for those who want to experience Sacramento without a lot of walking. Local Roots Food Tours limits Gourmet on ‘K’ Culinary Walking Tour group size to no more than 12 individuals to keep the experience small and intimate. Tours available Wednesdays and Thursdays. Private group tours are available per request. Tours launch at 1:30pm.
Though subject to change, Typical tastings on our tour may include
- Crispy salmon cake with aioli dijon sauce
- Special wine and cheese pairing from local venues
- Fresh corn tortillas filled w/ Oaxaca cheese, roasted poblano peppers and sautéed onions
- Sticky roasted almond toffee served with vanilla brandy ice cream
- Brick-fired oven Fromage Blanc pizza topped w/ lavender sea salt & fresh rosemary
- Signature Cocktail w/Fresh Watermelon, Cucumber & Taji?n Chile
- Strawberry chiffon cake with freshly made whipped cream