Explore tree-lined side streets during its peak fall foliage, Italianate mansions, historical neighborhood districts and great restaurants all set within a beautiful Northern Sierras backdrop. Our three-hour City of Trees Food & Cultural Walking Tour will let you see California’s State Capitol city in a whole new light. Get an insider’s look at the can’t-miss eateries and restaurants that only the locals are lucky enough to know about — until now.
By touring the city on foot, whether a visitor or a resident of Sacramento, uncover the hidden gem restaurants and establishments that you just don’t see driving by. Get tidbits of Sacramento’s history while tasting the scrumptious foods that make Sacramento’s culinary scene a regional treasure.
This walking food tour, led by our trained tour guide, takes you into the heart of Sacramento’s historical neighborhoods. You’ll taste farm fresh ingredients that inspire local chefs, and explore beautiful mansions and their architectural history. This tour is a gastronomic adventure off the beaten path.
Typical tastings on our tour:
- Fresh farm raised fish taco with tomatillo salsa paired with local wine
- Authentic Mexican sauteed garlic shrimp & cactus paired with fresh strawberry margarita
- French toast sandwich with maple creme filling
- Handmade butternut squash ravioli with marsala cream sauce and balsamic glaze
- Homemade Italian frittata with local mushrooms,spinach and tomatoes
- Locally made Gelato……honey lavender or Nutella white chocolate!
- Cappuccino brownie with cinnamon cream cheese filling
Local Roots Food Tours is excited to announce the launch of two new walking food and cultural tours; Origins of Sacramento Food Tour and Gold Discovery Walking Food Tour of Nevada City. Sample the new routes, restaurants and eateries while learning Northern California’s insightful history.