NINE TIPS FOR FARMER MARKET SHOPPERS
- These boots are made for walking: If your work shoes are more fashionable than functional, bring some walking shoes just for market.
- Give me a nickel, Brother, can you spare a dime: Smaller bills and exact change are greatly appreciated by the farmers and their employees.
- Bless the child that’s got his own: Bringing reusable bags or baskets will help to keep you organized and your environment happy.
- To everything — turn, turn, turn: No two markets are just alike. The markets will continue to grow as we approach peak season. New growers arrive as new crops are ready for harvest.
- What’s going on: Feel free to ask questions. The growers, sellers, and the market manager will be happy to help.
- Respect! (Just a little bit): Please treat the displays with care. Squeezing can do costly damage to many delicate varieties. We are ready to help you pick out the best fruits and veggies.
- I see your true colors shining through: Know that good fruit does not have to look perfect on the outside to taste absolutely divine.
- You better shop around: It’s always best to take a quick trip around the market to find the best deals and quality.
- Getting to know you: Spark a conversation with your fellow customers. They will likely have a new recipe to share with you. Have fun!
DID YOU ENJOY THIS ARTICLE?